God's Word

God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that whoever believes in him will not die but have everlasting life. John 3:16

25 March 2011

unqualified

"Being imperfect doesn’t disqualify us from serving God;
it just emphasizes our dependence on His mercy."
 
This is a quote from "Our Daily Bread" (a link on the right side of the blog).  It speaks to me because I'm regularly disappointed in myself for my mistakes, small or large. It seems I can never do anything right.  I get frustrated a lot and wonder how God could ever use me, and why he would ever want to.  So, I'm clumsy, forgetful, and messy...so what.  I don't plan ahead well and I am often negative and snippy (you know what that means, right?). I don't love the Lord as much as I should, or spend time with Him like I want.  However, I do love Him, and I'm listening for His voice.  I pray I'll serve him in my own flawed way, and along the way He'll change me to be more like Him.   Lord, lead me in your path, not mine.  Help me to love and serve you with reckless abandon!  In Jesus name...

No comments:

Post a Comment