God's Word

God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that whoever believes in him will not die but have everlasting life. John 3:16

26 March 2011

Gazelle Intensity!!

Wow, what an amazing day!  We had an awesome time at our yard sale today!   Never mind that the temperature never exceeded 40 degrees, and the wind was fierce.  Me and my husband were blessed to talk to a variety of interesting people.  I so enjoyed hearing their stories.  I actually liked bargaining with them and even used a few of the strategies I have learned from Financial Peace University. I used to hate selling things - anything, it didn't matter what - but I found myself enjoying the process a little.  I think they did too.  It is a bit exciting, this buying and seling game.  Anyway, I digress.  The only reason we had a yard sale is because we've been doing Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University since January.  We had waaaayyy to much stuff.  We also have waaaaayyyy to much debt.  So, one of Dave's sayings is "sell so much stuff the kids think they're next."  So, that is what we're doing...with "gazelle intensity."  After all, what other reason is there to have a yard sale in gusty  40 degree weather???  To do our best to follow our Lord, of course. To do our best to get out of debt and use the money God has given us in the way He wants!  I know one thing for sure...I WILL sleep good tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment