God's Word

God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that whoever believes in him will not die but have everlasting life. John 3:16

26 April 2011

So many things...

I haven't written for a little while. Mostly because there are so many things occupying my mind and my time.
Me and my husband just got back from Boston where he ran the Boston Marathon. Awesome but exhausting!  We are STRONGLY considering homeschool, but I have to make up a proposal of sorts so my husband will know what's in my head and so we can decide whether to do it or not. So, I've been scouring the internet and calling local groups and talking to other homeschool parents.
It's spring break for my kindergartener, and the laundry and dishes continue to pile and we're tripping over toys.  
I am working in my church library, revamping it, with lots to do and no time. It is exceptionally hard to work in the library while my one year old pulls books off the shelves.  Deadline looming for a booksale that I'm not ready for.
My teenager is texting 15 girls at once, taking the ACT, going to track meets and the prom, with lots of plans in his head but not sharing them with us - I have this nightmare that I'm going to be trying to find a tux on the morning of the prom. Ugh!!
My husband is so busy with this three jobs that he falls asleep in his recliner every night with a computer in his lap.  I miss him!
We're planning a yard sale in a week or so, and I am tired just thinking about it.  It's the second of the season - and my "gazelle" intensity is beginning to wane. (Dave Ramsey reference.  http://www.daveramsey.com/ )
Mowed grass a foot tall today with a push mower trying to outrun the rain.  I didn't succeed.  The grass was so thick it kept choking up! (be aware that I was mowing about 5 acres of grass with a push mower, cause the riding mower isn't working)
Leading a "Big Losers" weight loss group and getting disheartened by seeing several of my "Losers" get disheartened!
I would really like to go for a run or read my Bible, brush my teeth,  or even type this without a 38 lb kid climbing on my back.  I probably could do some of that if I'd stop procrastinating because I am overwhelmed.
Am I complaining...well, maybe...
I should not be complaining because I am well aware of how blessed I am - I have a home to live in, food to eat, clothes to wear, people who love me, a healthy body, a Risen Savior!!!!!  I need to be thanking God instead of fussing!
Ephesians 3:20
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us...

Lord, help me focus my attention on you, not on all the stuff and the little things.  In Jesus name...

No comments:

Post a Comment